Sciatica is the term used to describe the symptoms of leg and lower back pain which are felt in the sciatic nerve roots. The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the human body. It originates in the lower back and travels through the buttocks up to the back of the leg, near calf till the foot. It is felt as numbness, tingling sensation and also the weakness, which make the mobility of a person difficult.
Any kind of irritation, damage or problem in sciatica nerve roots results in difficulty in any kind of physical movement and also hampers the daily routine of a person. The Sciatic pain is often confused with the lower back pain as the area of pain is same, as well the sciatic nerve originates from the lower back so it becomes difficult to diagnose the sciatica nerve pain symptoms and occurrence.
The treatment for sciatica solely depends upon the cause, condition, and effects of the pain. Sciatica has become a very common type of back pain which happens because of a set of symptoms. The sciatic nerve pain is curable and back solutions clinic which is the best in their job have been successful in diagnosing the causes and treatment for the same with proper research’s and experiment.
If the sciatica symptoms and pain increase by two to three months and also causes muscle weakness and serious symptoms than a surgery is might require. Sciatica is diagnosed by doing a series of blood tests, CT scans, MRIs, and a thorough medical and physical examination and asking the patient about their full medical history. The various causes of sciatica are as follows:
- Pregnancy – Growth of fetus extends the lower back muscles, thus compresses the sciatic nerve.
- Herniated disc in the spine.
- Injury or accident.
- Piriformis syndrome.
- Slipped disc or Spondylosis.
- Narrowing of Spine often known as spinal stenosis.etc.
The sciatica pain is felt only on one side of the body. The intensity of the pain felt can be measured as dull, achy, severe, chronic, jolt, burning sensation pain depending upon person to person. Sciatic nerve treatment can be done by various non-surgical affordable effective methods which provide pain relief and relaxes the nerve. There are certain don’t which we need to keep in mind while getting sciatica treated. The various don’t are:
- Do not stop exercising or movement – the basic aim is to make muscles flexible, healthy and limber and exercising and movement does that and also provides relief from pain.
- Mind-body postures especially while bending – postures or job that requires twisting or bending of back or carry heavy weights or long driving, the posture should be taken care of. Being should be done from the knees instead of the back to avoid any kind of acute injury.
- Control body weight – Obesity or being overweight causes the back muscles to expand thus putting pressure on the nerves. The chances of sciatica increase through this. A balanced diet and exercise program should be followed to maintain body fitness and health.
- Avoid ignoring body signs – One must not ignore the body symptoms and the condition, area, and intensity of pain. If any pain persists for more than 2-3 months than one must visit a doctor.
- Avoid long working or sitting and standing hours – One must take a stroll after a gap of intervals and make the body moving and stretches. A single posture for long causes body to get stiff, thus resulting in pain.