The one thing worse than getting bitten when you step out is getting bitten by mosquitoes when you are at the home. Preventing these blood-suckers from penetrating your house can be tricky during hot weather when doors and windows are open regularly.
The best approach to stop mosquitoes from biting you around your residence is to keep them away from hatching in your premises. You must get rid of standing water to get rid of their ancestral habitat".
You can also visit https://readypestnc.com/mosquito-control/ for mosquito control services in NC.
Image Source: Google
To stop mosquitoes from coming to your house or biting one, try the following:
- Make sure all door and window screens are in good condition with no tears or holes.
- Equip the doorways, particularly screened doorways, using a self-closing device.
- Invite “great" bugs to hang in your lawn by preventing insect zappers and similar gadgets. They kill insects that are beneficial and attract mosquitoes into your own yard.
- Stay inside at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active. If you have to be outside, wear long sleeves and long trousers.
- Use mosquito repellent if you're heading out through mosquito peak hours. Avoid wearing perfume, cologne, or scented creams since they might attract mosquitoes.
- When you have an attic (a crawl space) or cellar, inspect any openings which could permit the fleas indoors. Much like you need to resort to caulking until winter to maintain chilly air, you must ensure that your residence is sealed up correctly until the warm weather arrives.